Monday, March 3, 2014

Talking about solving my creative problems.

Something that's really important to me and my growth this term so far.
It's an internal battle every time we create something.
It's like we are fighting with ourselves at every moment, and every inch. 
Overcoming the basic issues when creating something is a good way to get better at your craft.
Basically what I'm getting at is that everyone who does anything related to the arts feels the same blocks you do when you're working.
There's just one major thing you forget when you're in the thick of it all, surrounded by all your issues, deadlines and everything else. That thing is that if you keep working at it you'll win! You'll do it. You'll get there. You'll finish! I swear.
A few things to keep in mind is that it's perfectly OK to be mad at your project or creation. It's OK to walk away from it. It's OK to take it and crumble it up and throw it away. It's OK to do what ever it is it takes to get to that finish line.
You'll find that starting over is common, or not liking things right off the bat. That's where critique is most critical. You'll get the feedback necessary to continue.
When you feel like giving up is where you should push the hardest.
In my situation, I felt hopeless but after pushing through I'm on the right track. I'm just behind a week or so of solid work. It's OK though! Because what I have now is worth the struggle.

I've been struggling with getting my storyboards finished. I'm not too sure what it is that has been blocking me. I guess it's mainly the fact that I worked pretty hard on what wasn't working.

But here I am. Still going forward.

So currently I'm tackling my storyboards. Again I say it's been rough. I'm almost done though, so that means I can start roughing out my animation and getting things rolling.

Next I'll be working on backgrounds and making sure things look fitting with the colors I chose.

One thing that has inspired me to keep working was watching My Neighbor Totoro. That sort of fantasy is kinda what happens in my story, even though it's not tied to any mythos.

Some things that haven't been working is me. I've been kinda stuck in a creative slump. I think it's just because I saw how much work was needed to do, but now that I'm on the ball again I can take things as they come and work on everything one piece at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment