Saturday, February 8, 2014

Starting Production Soon.

Hey guys! I revealed my storyboards in a crudely timed out animatic in class on Thursday.
I got a lot of feedback with the issues I was having.
I finally defined a purpose for my bear. Also. I've got some advice on how to fix some things that weren't working overall in the story. It's good to have a solid base of peers who actually care about where you're going. It's like I can only trust a select few of them to give me real advice.

Some things I've finally nailed down are what my bear actually is. I was kinda just like, wishy washy on his whole idea. Unsure of what he truly was. He will represent the nagging sense of perfection everyone has. So every time my character goes to do something this sense of "it has to be perfect" nags him.

Also I'm rewriting / drawing some scenes just so that the story can be sillier and more relatable.
It's a lot tougher than I thought. I guess I'm not too good of a story guy. I can do stuff with some appeal but I guess I have a hard time developing events and things that happen.
It makes me think of my strengths as far as what I've completed so far.
I know that I'm good at doing things with appeal, like creating characters, scenarios and other ideas. I guess I've already learned a lot of what I can be for myself in the professional world.
America handles most of the development of most animation we see already.

Okay, so as I mentioned before, I'm working on changing some stuff on my animatic. It has some rough animation in it so it's like I'm doing two things at once.
It's pretty much just create better interactions that keep my character from achieving the goal but that are relatable to being a bit of a perfectionist.

What'll be going on after that is actually creating some base character sets / models for my guys in flash. I'll be deciding on some colors soon. I'm also going to finish up the design of everything so you guys can kinda see what's in my mind.

The main thing that has been working is a lot of peer review. If I didn't get that, I'd be worse off. So I appreciate all the useful feedback I have received and will receive.

The thing that hasn't been working is my ability to convey what it is I truly meant by the story. I'm glad people were there to kinda help solidify things.

Here's to another productive week! Keep your chins up!

No comments:

Post a Comment