Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Personal Growth. Progress report of senior project (still unnamed) to come by Friday.

Hey guys! I just wanted to talk about overcoming a fear of mine recently.
When I was turning 23 I started worrying a lot about my mortality.
It bugged me to no end knowing that one day I will not exist on this plane.
I was very fearful of the future which really bogged me down. Knowing that I wasn't the only person who felt this way made things a bit better, but something always nagged me. When I was a kid I would love to look out into the night sky and get lost in all the things that could be. As I grew older I had a small interest in space. Something about the infinite ability of possibility. Multiple dimensions, multiple worlds, multiple chances. I liked it a lot, but then I grew a fear. This limitless expanse of "nothing" is out there, just peering into me at night. Like it was examining me, dissecting me as I was doing to it when I was younger. I felt like I didn't have much to offer. I couldn't look straight out into the expanse. I would get anxious and frightened, and fear would grip me and force me to look away.  I grew more and more brave as time went on. Forcing myself to look up, breath it in, and trust in why I'm standing there at that point.
Today, finally- I am able to be comfortable and whole, standing there- Naked in front of the universe. Brave, and confident to explore my future path. It's just something I had to share.
I am at peace with my inner self. I am at peace with my fears, and the uncertainty of my future because I know that where ever it is I end up is the best possible place for me because I have worked so hard to get there already. 

I hope you guys find peace within yourselves too.

No comments:

Post a Comment