Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ramblings of a man wearing a gorilla mask...

Today was interesting. I spent about 30 mins wearing a gorilla mask.
Put things in perspective a little.
I need to do work. Big Black says it best with his slogan. DO WORK!
I keep thinking about Drama. Rob Dyrdek's cousin.. He's turned his life around from Rob and Big to Fantasy Factory.
In Rob and Big, he was an ugly awkward dude. Just like his brother Big Cat.
Now he's a man dime. And Rob helped him launch his Young and Reckless clothing line.
In America, it's our right to pursue our dreams. It's what we're founded on. But honestly, how can we?
Our country is so fucking stupid and only getting more stupid by the second.
I really fear for the human race as time progresses. Hopefully we get our shit together and understand that nothing lasts forever.
Anyways. Besides actually thinking, and being logical, I have been trying to do more work.
I was reading about how to sweeten an animation portfolio to get a job in the video game industry out of college. Now, to be honest, it's a bunch of the same shit you gotta do already. So I was like, huh, lame... But I'm lame for not even starting on something.
So far the only passion school has ignited for me is painting- which I've been slacking on- and urban art- which I haven't been slacking on. I'm going to make up, hopefully, two new stencils that are Nintendo related: Master sword from Legend of Zelda and the two boos from Super Mario World.
Just gotta put up the two that I already have... Do work!
Nolan has inspired me too with the same kind of slogan. Just do work! Make art. I can't stop but some times it's hard to get started. I mean I've been talking about making a flash game for like 3 or 4 terms now. I've been really behind on getting stuff done. I just need to sit down and actually do it. I'm sure once I get started I'll get in a groove and knock the majority of it out.

So in short, be more like Drama and become a man dime, get started on a cool business, do like Big Black says and DO WORK! As well as do what Nolan says and MAKE ART!
Now lets go vandalize...

No comments:

Post a Comment