Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Poetry.

The first half of my creative writing class is about poetry.
We'll get into stories after the halfway mark.
Here's some of the stuff I've written.
I hope you enjoy it.

Here's a quick like, writing thing we did for our first class. I think our instructor wanted to gauge our writing skills.

Loud echoing footsteps fill the halls, but as we approach a side room section off by hanging cloth, we hear the sound of strings being played. I say we because you are here with me- not literally, but hopefully you understand. The strings remind me of a play I saw recently, "The Lonely Violin."
Ah, my mind waivers, that's a different story for another time. I must remember I'm here for what's mine. I open the cloth and scan the room. A gasp of terror is heard. The sound of the strings stops as I draw closer. Drunk again, as usual, opiates too, undoubtedly, poor child. Not my responsibility... My eyes catch a flicker from the outside. The smell of the countryside is delightful, but I'd much rather enjoy the taste of their fear. Long have I waited for this day. I take back what's mine. I draw my pistol and place it on the table. She knows I mean business. She clutches the child, like a shield. As if that'll help. More reason why I pity the child. I rustle around her drawers, keeping my eyes locked on hers. Ah, at last! My stone! As I pick it up and look at it, she shrieks. I snatch my pistol. My precious stone. it's all I need. I can finish what I started, but as for the girl... Punishment doesn't seem right. I clench the stone as the countryside breeze hits me. I draw a dagger. Let's make this more personal.

This one is called rain.
A love hate relationship between you and I.
How I love your smell and appreciate everything you do but hate your touch.
You tease me with your beauty. Soak me with your sorrow.
your sounds are so sweet, but you bring me down.
Riding my bike with you gives me cold feet.

This one is called Deviljho.
Tall and magificent you stand above all
OH JHO, you King of Kings
Swipe blindly with your reckless elegance
Your scales emanating your pulsing dragon rage
Hunger is all you know
Fee among everything until there is no more, you world eater
You King of Kings
Your green scales and yellow spikes heavy with drool
I will conquer you, hammer in hand I charge forward









This one is a poem that had to describe myself as an animal.
Stalwart like a turtle I stride, slowly towards my goals.
As a tortoise survives the harsh deserts I too survive my challenges
Endurace is my middle name
Like a turtle withdraws his head from conflict,
and waits it out in his protected fortress of solitude,
I too find myself withdrawing mentally, the same way

This one was a prose piece that turned into a poem.  You'll see...
A worn hero charges forward. Weary from fighting a long battle.
Paths lain with ghouls, ghosts, slime creatures, mummies, and mage skeletons were her challenges until now.
Her shield, heavy. Her sword, even more heavy.
Her mind, tired. Her voice, even more tired.
Swinging and blocking blows.
Shouting and casting spells.
This is it. Time to focus and do what destiny has put before you.
Clangs of claw and steel is all you hear
Can this hero dispel the worlds fear

Some reflections on death.
A haiku, even though it's not weather related.
Please don't forget me
I have done so much for you
Escape into nothing

A reflection on death:
   For all the things I'll ever be, dead will be the best one, 'cause I'll be that the longest.

Another reflection:
Not living your life is like being dead already.
Please, for the sake of EVERYTHING-
JUST BE
Don't stress, just act and react.
Let your heart live to ease your mind.

More reflecting on death.
A generator firing on all cylinders grinds to a halt
as the power slowly fades all the lights go dark, systematically

You sink into darkness in your little room. Fear grips you.
Will you ever get out of this?

Here's a reflection on some feelings I have. It's still kind of personal but I don't mind sharing it here.
A budding plant with many branches
So tall you grow

I wish to climb you, explore every branch
I imagine your fruit is sweet

Some branches scratch
Some break easily
But I'll care for you regardless.

I know it's not the art you want to see, but this is what I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment