Friday, March 2, 2012

Refill.

Hey guys. Just updating. It's been an interesting week to say the least.
Doing some major work- Feeling like a freaking champion.
I've been painting like a fool. Finally over my first painting. I still hate it but the more I think about it, the more I see how much it's taught me. I can't wait to start this next one though. I think it's going to be a landscape. I've been doing my portraits every day but Sunday, since the school is closed. So, keep an eye out for new ones. I just finished my 10th one today. I'm on schedule to finish 20 by the 19th. Again, I hoping to do more over the break. I'm gonna work from some of the pictures I took with Genesis for her lighting project. It's just a ton of expression shots.

My Kodiak maquette... /sigh
I was layering sculpey on him and realized his proportions were wrong.. Very wrong. His body was getting like, elongated near his left arm. I took him apart from the waist up and figured out that my wire from had shifted while layering it with foil. So I pro-poxied the fuck outta him, fixed it and now he looks awesome!
I am super exited to work on the details of him. I'll do that tomorrow. =) Gotta round out his shoulders and stuff. Pictures of that progress to come.

With that I'll leave you with some portraits I did since the last time. Oh, and the pics of Kodiak up until today.


You can see the jacked up elongation of his left shoulder / arm easially in this picture. So glad I caught it- He looks a lot better now. :3


No comments:

Post a Comment