Thursday, November 1, 2018

How do you train yourself to be more thankful for what you have?

Dear reader. Greetings. I hope my message finds you well.
I hope you aren't too concerned about my well being.
I am fighting the good fight. Every day. Trying my heart out.
I survived October. Made it this far. Everyday is a new personal best.
I'm excited for new successes. I look back on things that happened this year and I've done a lot to help my personal growth. I've been spending a lot of time just trying to grow. I know it seems like I'm complaining a lot, or bitching, or what ever, and that I do not post a lot of my successes. But think about all the time that goes by between posts. There's a lot that gets left out. Things that happened that weren't as impactful. To be honest there's a lot of good things that do happen that just aren't mentioned.
Like for instance at the end of the day with my new job I feel super emotionally satisfied. Do you know how cool it is when your direct manager has proper training, and treats you with respect.
It's been several jobs since I've felt this way. It's good to be utilized properly and to be recognized for my strengths.
I'm on track for a promotion right now. I knew hopping onto a new project was going to provide opportunities but I didn't think it was going to be so rapid. Basically the door was open and all I had to do was walk through. I just so happened to be in the right place at the right time.

So art wise, I have been lagging a lot. I have been writing a couple of stories. Jon has been doing some visual development with me on one of the stories. It's about a boy who is part of a tribe. The tribe is full of great hunters. The boy doesn't want to hunt, he finds these old ruins and it shows that the tribe of old used to walk along side the monsters. The tribe is hunting this terrifying beast. The boy discovers a baby cub in the ruins and they become buds. The boy has to hide the cub. The boy is coming of age and has to go on a hunt. The boy finds out the cub belongs to the terrifying monster.
The long and short of it, the boy teaches the tribe that we don't have to kill to survive and that these monsters are allies.
I've been writing Oliver & Monsterbutt fairly consistently. I need to figure out dialog at some point. I don't know if I should work it so hard. Honestly I think it's pitch worthy right now. My next steps are to talk to a few people about it and see how it comes across. I want to talk to some of my previous instructors from school.
I have a feeling that if I pitch it, it can only get better. If it's good enough, we'll see it, and if it needs work I'll get the help to get it there. I'm excite.

My relationships have been interesting. I'm trying to build friendships and I recently decided to try to date again. It's a fucking nightmare. I became close friends with a few females and they've been helping me build confidence to get back on the horse.
I still have low self esteem so it's hard to break the ice with people but once they accept me initially it's fun to talk and explore like that.
I have been working on being more of a better friend as well. Just being there for my friends that have stuck through it all so far. I've been working hard on my emotional side and trying to find that hope to be happy. I desire to be happy. I want to fight the depression without the use of medication. I have a solid idea of how to get there. I just have to visualize and execute. Start, and the rest will fall into place. Take the first step. All the best things are on the other side of fear. I have to just try.

Well. I guess this is where I talk about what's on the plate for me and kind of set an expectation.
Jon and I are working on that Tribal Kid story. He's been working on it at his own pace, so when there isn't anything else super pressing to do. We have a large monster design and some stuff with the boy that we like. Once we knock that out we can move on to developing the tribe and the environment. So baby steps. It's exciting to watch this grow. I feel like I could be a good idea person with some of these pitches I've been working on.
I have still been thinking a lot about the Robots VS Zombies game. The tactic style game that has two scientist fighting saying that their creations are the better one. You get to pick, robot or zombie and then the story goes on raising your choice to victory vs the opposing one.
I'm going to talk to a few people about my Oliver & Monsterbutt story and see how that goes.
Good luck and until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment