Sunday, March 13, 2016

Yikes- It's almost been 1 month.

I've been talking to myself for a bit now about what I want to accomplish with my skills in art. What speaks to me on that deeper level.
I've seen a lot of artists emulating the things they love the most from artists they love the most and I figured I would do the same.
I really love graffiti and street art.
Why not mix the things I love with that?
Figured I would finally attempt them.

Here's my rough idea for a Samus / Metroid style one.



I really freaking liked the idea of it being a mural. Something you'd see in a back alley with heart!






I'm not too sure how I feel about the SAMUS text, so I might mess around with that s'more. But there's some awesome nods to the things I liked in Metroid.

I splashed some color on it just to see what I'd be looking at / endgame...
Seems cool.

Now I'm just in the middle of cleaning up the drawing.
We'll worry about coloring and stuff later.

More to come in the near future. I'm looking for work and not really finding anything. I have a few leads on some stuff. We'll see how things pan out.
Can't believe how all my worst nightmares have come true, but they haven't destroyed me.
As if to say I created these monsters and have easily slain them because the only thing powering them was myself.
Holding true to the idea that 2016 will be great.
So far it's been interesting to say the least.
On the horizon:
I have been streaming a lot since I have more free time so it's a lot of hanging out with my community and trying to make something of it.
I think I'm going to do a charity stream for breast cancer.
My aunt was told that she has cancer and my family is freaking out because we just recently lost another aunt. So everyone is on edge.
I think that streaming for a cause like that would be awesome.




As far as art goes I'm going to focus on this street art inspired Nintendo stuff.
We'll see where this takes me.
One day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment