Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Day of the Summer Term



Hey guys. Today is a late start for me and my summer term. I'm excited about these classes I'm taking this term. I've been really torn about just dropping the ones that don't count for graduating but I feel like I'll need them for my career.
So I'll just stick it out with the 5 classes I'm taking and just hope for the best. :3
Those are some drawings I did the last few days. I've been playing Pokemon and watching TV, being a fucking lazy bum.
I made a plan to follow in order to get some work done. It took me all summer break to find out what I wanted to practice and I've listened to how my mind is hollering for things to get done.
I want to work on rotoscoping something, an animal in movement.
I want to do some kinetic typography.
I want to do a cool little turtle image for t-shirts that will probably end up on my RedBubble site.
I want to do some backgrounds for Kodiak and Liam.
I don't feel like a total bum this break though. I was super stressed with school so it was cool to just unwind and relax for once.
I did some reading. I read 300, Batman: Year One, some of Watchmen, and some of The Extraordinary League of Gentleman.
I've been through Bruce Timm's "Naughty and Nice" book like 400 times. Trying to get a good sense of how he captures women. I like his style.
I'm excited for this comic book class. It's the history of comics and graphic novels.
In Year One there's some drawings from David Mazzucchelli and it shows a drawing he did as a kid.
it reminds me so much of my TMNT drawing when I was younger... I felt... So inspired. We all come from humble beginnings. It shows that hard work pays off. Just gotta stick to it and get a good sense of style going on.
Anyways, about Year One... I had no idea that Gordon was such a fucking bad ass. He fucking champed it out when dealing with the corrupt commissioner. I didn't know Batman worked with Dent before though ? I guess Batman needed to get his information some where, so it makes sense.
The page where Batman drops in on the commissioners party and tells them no one's safe... DOPE!
He's a fuckin' champ.

Also, this is weird to me, but awesome. People have been asking me to do like, professional work for them. I'm flattered and honored to be asked. I have yet to do anything though... The stuff I need to learn first before I can really do anything will be next term- for like 3D animation.
I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment