Thursday, August 22, 2019

2nd post because I'm trying to be good about consistency.



Hey guys. I finished up that piece. Here's Notorious K.I.N.G.

Also, here's that cleaned up version of the space cowboy.









Having a hard time coloring things lately. I wish I was a more competent artist with actual skills to make something good.
I honestly have been sitting here working on stuff since I graduated and I think about it all the time. Why do I keep doing this? I'm no good at it. Even if I were to compare myself to others, it's like, why do I keep trying. I know that I should just make art and do what I can, because no one can make things like me. Even if I were to draw Superman, or Batman, my style would make it unique. But WHY should I be doing it?

I guess I'm just feeling like I'm spending a lot of time on something that doesn't do much for me.
I really enjoy having the creative outlet. It does make me feel better when I make something that is up to my expectations. It's just lately I can't line the two things up, my skill and my expectations.

I wish I was renowned enough to just tell people to make shit for me. As if I were the director or something. I feel like I could lead projects and get my ideas out there better if people who could actually execute my ideas for me. I don't know anymore. It's been since 2014 since I graduated. 5 whole years of just trying to make stuff work for me.
The struggles I've been through just trying to keep a damn roof over my head.

I hope that my career works out for me with my current venture.
I don't know what I'd be doing otherwise.

Anyways. I'm going to keep trying because I know you wouldn't want me to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment