Sunday, February 11, 2018

February 2018 Update

Hello reader!
It's me! Zach!!

I realize I've been kind of "away" this month.
I've been really focusing on my job and making sure I'm a valuable resource.
I've been just really hitting it hard with working on my customer service skills.
I've also just been working on artwork.
My job at Zia Records is having this t-shirt contest this month and I'm totally up for making something cool. So I started with rough ideas. I wanted to do a skull and some cactus and for it being something for a record store I needed a music element.



I came up with this cow skull with it's horns rounding a vinyl record.
I liked the concept but I needed to push it further.

I wanted to focus on the details above the skull. A cool desert scene inside the record.
I then learned that it's only two colors. So that added a challenge to the whole design.
I could do everything in white or what ever but I wanted to do some purples and a gray.
So I popped it in photoshop and got to work.




I wanted to find a brush with some texture to make it interesting.

Here's the progress so far. I think the concept is super solid but there are things I need to work on to make it next level.
I am working on some elements to make the record look like a record and I'm also focusing on messing with the element of dimensions. Pushing the desert elements around to create depth.
I was also told that the mountains just look too flat, and that if I were to mix it up with their shape it would make it pop better.
I love the gray and purple, and I'm suggesting it goes on a black t.
More work and progress with that soon.




I made a Dark Souls themed stencil design.
I really like it but I don't think it'll go anywhere. I tried to post it up on RedBubble but they took it down.
I like the piece and it's pretty solid!




Alright, so I did some editing and what not for the pages of the book illustrations. I think it's coming along super nice.
I'm feeling confident about this new year and art in general.
Thanks for the time, I hope you enjoyed reading this months update.
Catch up with me soon. I'd love to talk with you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment