Tuesday, June 17, 2014

WIPS

I realized I've been saying the same thing the last few posts, "I'm doing stuff."
Well let me get into more detail as to what I'm really doing. I mean I know I said I'm doing this, or doing that, but let's show you.

I have been working on an icon for me and my online name, Zachy Massacre.
So I have created a mash up of me and the Super Mario Bros 3 iconic image. You can see the old version in the previous post, here's a more recent, better version.


I had a silly idea while playing Animal Crossing and realized as Mayor of my beautiful town, I got 99 problems but a weed ain't one!  I thought it'd be clever to have a design that reflected that. Thus playing more with this idea of video game mash ups. I'm still not too sure / sold on this idea, so I'll just keep playing around with it.


I also was thinking about what else to do for designs and thought I would do a cool Deviljho shirt and combine it with a Godzilla feel to it. I hope to complete this sometime soon. This is a rough of what I'm working with so far.


Here's more stuff I'm working on. There's a game I am absolutely in love with, Final Fantsy XIV. And in this game I've been fighting a lot of iconic monsters from the series. I'm stuck on a particular boss and it made me think of a shirt that involves Titan. It's going to be like a cereal box.
It's in the rough stages right now and there's nothing really to show of that YET.

And that leaves my final design. I'm not too sure what it's going to be but it will more than likely have to do with my animated piece I'm working loosely on.

That leads me into talking about what I'm majoring in. Animation. Not design.
I just feel that making these designs is something I really like doing so why not do it?
But yeah, I'm not very strong in animating but I can do some voices and probably make some decent pencil tests / roughs, so why not?

That's what I want to have a showcase on.

I created a loose story of a Marshal in a little desert settlement. He keeps a close eye on things and makes sure to keep the peace. He also is keeping a dark, deep secret from everyone. Until one day his deputy learns his secret. Trust being broken they have to work together to overcome the challenge invading their little world.

So with this I'm going to do some voice acting, character designs for the Marshal, Deputy, some Bandits and Ruffians probably named The Bently Boys, some towns folk, and some rough pencil tests to my voice acting.

What this will show is:
I can create characters with appeal.
I can design them with a solid understanding of how they'll be animated. 
I can animate them. 
I can express emotion through animation. 
I can voice act. 
I can write, hopefully decently. 
I can create successful designs. 
I can create an identity.
I can successfully link these things together and make them mine.
I can be successful on my own.

So what's on the horizon?
I will be working on these designs more and more. I need to get that Titan rough done. I need to finish that Deviljho design. I need to get that Animal Crossing design reviewed and critiqued to see how I can improve it.
I need to design these cowboys and ruffians. I also need to write a script. Then I need to get in the booth and have some fun.
I will be working on the animation part hardcore for the last 5 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment